Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year- Let's welcome 2011!!

Whose footsteps will we follow this year or will we blaze our own trail for others to follow or will it be a combination of both?

How many times have you seen a room referred to in someone's blog and you've thought I love the lamps or the chairs or the cushion or the mirror? Well this one lovelies was saved because I liked the frilly white bag. I thought I could make my own version of that from recycled sheets or a skirt or summer dress and yes its still filed in downloads, so I putting it here so you can ask me in 6 months time, "Did you ever make that bag?"




I plan to continue my walks around the block, observing the changing wildlife throughout the year.... What are your plans for this coming year?


We hope to continue the bathroom renovation. My husband fixed the tiles near the bathroom door on New Year's Day. I was so proud of him I invited to young blokes to have a look when when my daughter and her best friend returned home. We like the claw foot bath, it's romantic and goes with the style of house, however they are not all that practical with an over head shower, we still need to obtain the long oval shower curtain rail that goes all around the bath to protect the walls from constant water.



The plans for the vege patch are coming along and I hope they will be put into effect soon. In the meantime I am still container gardening- lettuce, tomatoes, potatoes, spinach, raspberries, cucumbers and dwarf beans. However this year we will need to erect some kind of glasshouse/plastic tunnel to start the summer growing season earlier as the weather has been too cool to get much produce. We would like to have our own chooks (hens) and need to build a fully enclosed pen to protect them from the feral foxes. In the meantime I hope the local wild duck visit more often to eat the snails (that like to eat new vege shoots).



WHAT are your thoughts or plans for 2011?
Delcie

4 comments:

  1. And keep in mind with the claw foot baths that you need to keep a bit of room behind it so you can clean it. I had to buy a special broom to get in behind ours, a nightmare to clean even though it looks fab! yes 2011 is going to be a great year!
    alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ruffled bag too! I just happen to have left over cotton from a sheet I'm using for lining drapes. I think I need to create! Thanks for stopping by my blog and suggesting I check out the Happy Loves Rosie blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just enlarged the picture with the ruffled bag; did you see the drapes on the far left? Yep, ruffles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Delcie! Just popped over from FB... So have you made the ruffled bag?? Just wondering :))
    Your newest follower and fan on FB,
    Michella
    www.michellamarie.com

    ReplyDelete